Leigh Ellwood

leigh@myspace
leigh wiki
leigh blog
leigh fictionwise
community server
ged's gals
phaze
liquid silver books
samhain publishing
midnight showcase

Monday, June 26, 2006

Thus endeth the streak

A bit of sad news followed by better news: it would appear my quest to collect the entire set of themed HeatSheets at Phaze has come to an end. Dulce, my submitted work, did not make the final list. However, it was not wholly rejected. I have the opportunity to lengthen the work into a category and add it to the growing Dareville series. Dulce was not meant to be a Dareville work, per se, but there were references to Cal Briscoe and lyrics to a Brady Garriston tune featured. Dulce followed the story of a drummer friend of Cal's, slumming in Caracas to forget the demise of his marriage. In retrospect, I do feel the story is larger than the 12K word limit.

So, I will make Dulce a category length, at the very least. Rather than reference Cal, I'll bring him into the story at different points to interact with Neil, the drummer. How much interaction, I haven't decided. ;-)

everything by leigh
click a cover for info

Truth or Dare Dare Me
Daring Young Man Double Dare
Dulce A Winter's Dare
Jack of Hearts Jack of Diamonds
Voyeur Muse
Love's DoMINion Taste This
Under Covers Spellfire Special
Sinful Sundaes sinful sundaes 2
Dragons, Elves, and Myths Jaded Beasts