Leigh Ellwood

leigh@myspace
leigh wiki
leigh blog
leigh fictionwise
community server
ged's gals
phaze
liquid silver books
samhain publishing
midnight showcase

Saturday, October 09, 2004

What I'm Reading

While I'm waiting to be published, I'm trying to get quite a bit of reading done in addition to writing (Dare Me just hit the 22K mark! Trying to get the first draft done before NaNo.) I breezed through Cheyenne McCray's Wildfire and Wildcat, two in a series set in the hot, hot West by Ellora's Cave, and a mini anthology, from EC, Taken, which features a story from Jaid Black's Trek series. I've only read the first in that series, the famous (notorious?) The Empress' New Clothes, which I like for the most part - though some of the dialogue had me chuckling at inopportune times.

Now I'm on Dakota Cassidy's The Ex-Files: Mayhem and Maddie from Changling Press, and it looks very promising. There's a scene early on where the heroine stumbles upon a "furry" shindig (not my thing, personally) that is hilarious. I'm of the belief that one can mix humor and sex in proper doses and come up with a good story. That's my goal for Dare Me, which is going to take on a lighter tone than Truth or Dare, though Truth is going to have its humorous moments as well. I've sent off a few ARCs and prize donations already. Hope the readers enjoy them.


everything by leigh
click a cover for info

Truth or Dare Dare Me
Daring Young Man Double Dare
Dulce A Winter's Dare
Jack of Hearts Jack of Diamonds
Voyeur Muse
Love's DoMINion Taste This
Under Covers Spellfire Special
Sinful Sundaes sinful sundaes 2
Dragons, Elves, and Myths Jaded Beasts